VAT Returns and Registration:
It is crucial that you comply with your VAT obligations. This is a complex area of taxation that filters down into every aspect of your business. People generally find difficulties in:
- Understanding the rules,
- Submitting the VAT returns, and
- Handling audits.
To help you with registering for VAT, we would:
- ADVISE you if you need to register or if it would be beneficial to register,
- ADVISE you on the best VAT scheme to use, and
- COMPLETE and SUBMIT your registration forms.
Getting the documentation right is the key to a hassle-free relationship with the VAT inspector. There are two ways we can help:
- WE PROVIDE a BOOKKEEPING service for you and provide online accounting. We then use that data to complete your return, or
- YOU DO the BOOKKEEPING, then give us your books and let us complete the return for you.
Understanding the rules:
It is very hard to keep on top of your obligations if you or your staff do not understand what is involved. We can help! We can arrange to:
- VISIT you at your premises to check your bookkeeping, and/or
- PROVIDE training on the software system of your choice.
Submitting VAT returns:
However you organise it, your place or ours, we can make sure that your VAT returns are submitted on time and in the proper form.
VAT audits are time-consuming and stressful. If and when it happens, we are there with you to see that all the proper documentation is available and the process is carried out in a fair and professional manner.